Policy and Procedures Concerning Sponsorships and Donations
The objective of this policy on donations and sponsorships is to ensure the equitable distribution of approved funds with a view to investing in our community. Assumption Life studies sponsorship and donation applications based on the nature of the activity and on the Company's philosophy, allocation criteria and available budget. The Chief of Organizational Development reviews all applications as they are received.
Preferred Areas of Activity
The Company gives preference to the health, education and cultural sectors. We have been supporting cancer research for a number of years under the auspices of the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute. In so doing, we hope to assist in winning the battle against this terrible disease that has touched nearly all of us in some manner. We also support initiatives that promote healthy lifestyles among our youth.
Donation or sponsorship requests are fulfilled in the form of either money, the exchange of services or promotional items.
Difference between Sponsorship and Donation
A Sponsorship is a promotional tool used by the Company to assist it in growing markets among designated client groups. The Chief of Organisational Development works with designated organizations to coordinate visibility received in exchange for the Company's contribution.
In contrast, when the Company makes a charity donation, it does not seek any visibility in return.
- Sponsorship or donation funds are granted only to organizations that make formal application.
- Applications for $2,000 or more must be submitted on or before August 31st for consideration with respect to the budget for the following year.
- Applications for less than $2,000 must be received at least three months prior to the event in question.
- Donations and sponsorships are not renewed automatically; a new application must be submitted each year.
You must submit your request by filling out our sponsorship and donation form, that you can download here.
- Lobby or public interest groups
- Religious sects or denominations
- Projects related to infrastructure or construction of buildings or monuments
- Purchase of transportation vehicle
- Union organizations
- Individuals for personal needs
- Fundraising campaigns for school trips, student exchanges or beauty pageants
- Profit-seeking companies
Please allow 21 days from date of reception to receive a reply.
Grounds for Rejection